Terms and Conditions
PAYMENT and DEPOSIT
A deposit of 50% (of accommodations and food) is payable on confirmation of reservation. On payment of this deposit you will be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions. We reserve the right to cancel a reservation without notice if the deposit is not received within seven days of the booking being made. If you are certain of your preferred dates, you can pay when you make a reservation, otherwise we will e-mail you a reservation confirmation and billing invoice. Payments may be made via the following method:
- Use our website payments page to book using a credit card via PayPal's secure portal. Pay the amount that is indicated in your reservation confirmation and billing e-mail from us. This is an easy and safe way to pay.
The balance of the billing (including transfer charges) is to be received by us at least 30 days prior to the first day of your stay with us. We will send an invoice and notice for the balance payment. As our accommodation is limited, if we do not receive the balance by the due date, we may assume that you have cancelled your proposed stay with us; please contact us if this is not the case.
While at The Koh Ra Ecolodge payments for ecotours, diving, drinks, crafts, etc. can be made in cash or using your credit card through our website (we do not have the equipment to run credit cards directly). Because of this, it is easier to arrange and pay in advance.
We usually receive bookings far in advance and therefore late cancellations are often a total loss. Cancellations must be made and received by The Koh Ra Ecolodge IN WRITING by email to info at kohraecolodge.com
- Cancellations received more than 60 days prior to arrival incur a cancellation Fee equal to one day of accommodation;
- 30-59 days notice the Cancellation Fee is the forfeiture of 25% of the deposit paid;
- 30 days or less but more than 14 days notice prior to arrival incurs a 50% Cancellation Fee for every night cancelled;
- Less than 14 days notice a 100% Cancellation Fee for every night cancelled.
- We will attempt to accommodate changes in dates provided there is available space.
- No refund will be given for No Shows or days not used resulting from premature departure.
- In cases of late arrival due to flight delays we will be happy to extend the stay provided there is space available, however we cannot be held accountable for such flight delays or cancellations.
- We strongly advise that you always purchase a reliable travel insurance policy, please note our recommendations regarding appropriate insurance protection.
LAST MINUTE BOOKINGS
In the event of a last minute booking, please call the Ecolodge and confirm availability and then pay by credit card or Paypal IN FULL via our website or payment instructions we e-mail you. If this is not possible, please be prepared to pay in cash when you arrive at the Ecolodge.
CHANGE OF ARRIVAL DATES OR DAYS NOT USED
We will accommodate requests for a change of a confirmed arrival date provided we have space available for the new dates requested. In such cases there will be no cancellation fee applied. The new confirmed dates will be subject to the Cancellation terms shown above. No refund or credit will be given in whole or in part for days not used at the Ecolodge resulting from premature departure.
We strongly recommend that you take out a comprehensive travel insurance policy at the time of booking, to protect you and all those accompanying you for the full time of your visit against illness, injury, medical evacuation, death, loss of baggage and personal items, flight and accommodation cancellation and other travel contingencies.
Please be advised that we are not responsible for any loss of or damage to personal equipment and property during your stay with us, or during your participation in any of our activities, including diving. Please also be aware that for your safety you are to follow any directions that may be given to you while you are staying with us or participating in any of our activities. We will not accept responsibility for any injuries that occur during your stay with us or when participating in our activities. Guests participating in scuba diving activities are required to sign an indemnity release form prior to instruction/diving. We will not accept responsibility for any delay, additional expense or inconvenience which may be caused directly or indirectly by events outside our control such as late arrival of International flights, civil disturbance, fire, floods, unusually severe weather, acts of God, acts of government, or the failure of any machinery or equipment.
These Terms and Conditions are covered in all respects by the Law of Thailand and any legal action arising under the contract shall be litigated only in the appropriate Court having jurisdiction in that country.